Words and Images colliding

A journal of scrapbook pages, collages, book reviews, and bits of novels all rolled together into one.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Altered Tag 0.1

I wouldn't even say this is 1.0 on my altered tags.  I made this one to play with a bunch of new stuff I picked up.  This seemed like a great way to practice on a small surface.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.



Items used:
  • Craft Paint (from Michael's or AC Moore)
  • Distresser (Tim Holtz)
  • Scrap paper (8*8 - called something Latte from Michael's)
  • Water based paint pens (Sharpie brand)
  • Pastels (from Michael's, nothing fancy, but a good way to start and 50% off at the time)
  • Ink pads (again, nothing fancy, AC Moore with a 50% off coupon.)
  • Manillas tags (from Staples)
  • Glue stick (the craft grade purple kind that turn clear)
In the end, it came out well.  There's a million more things I want to do, but they're going to be on separate tags.  The ultimate goal is to have character tags for my stories in my story book.  I keep all my ideas for various things I'm writing there as I wait for them to form into cohesive work.

No comments:

Post a Comment