Words and Images colliding

A journal of scrapbook pages, collages, book reviews, and bits of novels all rolled together into one.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Altered Tag 0.2 (Half way through)

Another technique attempt, but only 2/3rds of the way through so far.



This time I distressed the edges of the tag and then crumpled it up.  I upturned three different colors of ink pad onto the tag.  Brown at the bottom; green in the middle; blue at the top.  I stamped out a dragonfly - one of my favorite stamps - and then used pastels on the stamped out piece.  (That probably has a technical name, but I'm too new to know it.)  Also, on another tag that I had screwed up, I stamped out four more of the dragonfly and then glued them underneath the pastel one.  Not the best picture, because you can't see the height, but it is there.

The ribbon is one I bought because I liked the pale green, Spring like quality about it.  Not until I was making this, did I notice how it reminded me of shiny, sparkly grass. That was lucky for my flowery visions.

Finally, I'm going to rummage through my paper stash to find a flower for the left side of the tag.  I may have to draw the stem to get the proper amount of wilt on it.  I'd like the flower to be heavy, slowly waking, not at full mast as it were.

No comments:

Post a Comment